Anders Wall Foundation from Stockholm in association with the European Commission, Directorate General for the Environment, Brussels, the Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry and the "Friends of the Countryside", has decided to introduce an award for individuals who have made a special contribution to the rural environment within the European Union.
Description of the Award
Anders Wall Award grants a prize to private individuals who have made a special contribution to the rural environment within the European Union.
- Only private enterprises can enter the competition.
- Their actions must be of importance at multiple levels: local, national and/or European.
- The actions must be based on the use of quality instruments and management practices which contribute to the improvement of the quality of the environment.
Their achievements should preferably include the following elements:
- Preserving and enhancing the landscape.
- Providing biodiversity.
- Preserving the countryside's cultural heritage.
- Contributing to sustainable economic local development.
The landowner of the selected project will receive a prize of €20,000.
The call for applications is currently closed.
2003 - Barritskov, Denmark. Thomas Harttung
2004 - Herdade do Pinheiro, Portugal. Jacqueline Violet
2005 - Les Salins du Midi, France. Gerard Dumonteil
2006 - Agriturismo Cassinazza, Italy. Giuseppe Natta
2007 - Clinton Devon Estate, United Kingdom. Lord Clinton
2008 - Jarras-Listel Estate, France. Paul-Francois Vranken
2009 - Wrams Gunnarstorp Estates, Sweden. Rudolf Tornerhjelm
2010 - Escrick Park Estate, England. Charles Forbes Adam
2011 - Jaunumuli Estate , Latvia. Kalnins Madars
2012 - Järvikyla Estate, Finland. Karl Grotenfelt
2013 - Danilovka Estate, Russia. Michail Orlov
2014 - Heihuyzen Estate, Belgium. Christophe Lenaerts
2015 - Castelo Melhor Estate, Portugal. João Portugal Ramos and José Maria Soares Franco
2016 - Winner of prize: The Honourable Evelyn Boscawen, Tregothnan Estate, United Kingdom; Winner of diploma: Fernando de Andrada-Vanderwilde Contreras, Puerto Bajo de la Cereceda Estate, Spain.